Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and contact us if you have any questions.
I. Collection and Use of Personal Information
Below are the types of personal information SVP Worldwide has collected from its customers in the past 12 months, when we collect this information, and how we may use it:
What personal information we collected in the past 12 months:
- Identifiers: A real name, alias, postal address, email address, Internet Protocol (IP) address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information: A name, signature, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
- Commercial information: Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other similar network activity: Browsing history, search history, or information about a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data: Physical location, generally.
We collect personal information from you when you:
- Create a mySewnet™ account;
- Purchase a product from SINGER®, HUSQVARNA® VIKING®, PFAFF®, or mySewnet™;
- Download software or an update from an SVP website to an SVP product;
- Subscribe to a newsletter on one of our websites or via social media;
- Register for a class at a Viking Sewing Gallery Retail Store;
- Connect to our services;
- Register your machine’s warranty;
- Submit a rebate form;
- Contact us; and/or
- Participate in an online survey, sweepstakes, or contest.
How we use your personal information:
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on SVP Worldwide’s latest sales and promotions, product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by clicking “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of any communication.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to determine appropriate services. For example, the mySewnet™ site is not intended for users under the age of 16.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with SVP Worldwide, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve SVP Worldwide’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion, we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
II. Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as language, zip code, area code, and referrer URL so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help our app developers improve our apps.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
III. Cookies and Other Technologies
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
These technologies help us better understand user behavior, tell us which parts of our websites people have visited, facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches, administer the site, improve our product and services, and allow us to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. SVP Worldwide may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
Some cookies are temporary and will disappear when you close your browser; others are persistent and will stay on your computer for some time. Below is a list of the types of cookies used on our website with examples of how they are incorporated into the website:
Strictly necessary cookies are used to:
- Remember what is in your shopping cart; and/or
- Remember where you are in the ordering process.
Functional cookies are used to:
- Remember your log-in details;
- Make sure you are secure when logged in; and/or
- Make sure that the web site looks consistent.
Performance cookies are used to:
- Enhance the performance of the web site; and/or
- Enhance the user experience.
Targeting cookies are used to:
- Allow you to share and like; and/or
- Send information to other websites to customize their advertisements.
If you choose not to use or to disable cookies during your visit, you should be aware that certain functions and pages will not work as expected.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. To find out more about cookies, including how to delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
IV. Disclosure to Third Parties
At times SVP Worldwide may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with SVP Worldwide to provide products and services, or that help SVP Worldwide market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by SVP Worldwide to provide or improve our products, services, and advertising; it will not be sold to or shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Types of third-party processors with whom we may share elements of your personal information include:
- Payment processors engaged by us to securely store or handle payment information, such as credit or debit card details, or to extend credit required for facilitating product purchases;
- Providers of email management and distribution tools – for example, if you sign up to receive newsletters or other marketing messages, we will manage the delivery of these to you using a third-party email distribution tool;
- Providers of security and fraud prevention services – for example, we use these providers to identify automated software agents that might disrupt our services or to prevent misuse of our sites;
- Providers of data aggregation and analytics software services that enable us to effectively monitor and optimize the delivery of our services;
- Providers of order fulfillment services that enable us to deliver products to you;
- Providers of customer service representatives to assist you with ordering products; and
- Providers of social sharing services to enable you to share and show your interest in content on our websites.
V. Protection of Personal Information
SVP Worldwide takes the security of your personal information very seriously. When SVP Worldwide stores your personal data, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures.
VI. Automated Decision-Making
SVP Worldwide does not make any decisions involving the use of algorithms or profiling that significantly affect you.
VII. Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
VIII. Access to Personal Information
You (or your authorized agent) have the right to request access (including a copy) to your personal information for any purpose (including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if SVP Worldwide is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes). We may decline to process requests that jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. To make a request, please use one of the following contact methods:
- Data Request Form
- Phone: 1-800-474-6437
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: SVP Worldwide, 1714 Heil Quaker Blvd, Suite 130, La Vergne, TN 37086
IX. Data Access Requests
SVP Worldwide would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights, which include the following:
- The right to access: You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that SVP Worldwide correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that SVP Worldwide completes information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that SVP Worldwide erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that SVP Worldwide restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to SVP Worldwide’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that SVP Worldwide transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have 30 days to respond to you if you are an EU resident and 45 days to respond to all other requests. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at:
- Data Request Form
- Phone: 1-800-474-6437
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: SVP Worldwide, 1714 Heil Quaker Blvd, Suite 130, La Vergne, TN 37086.
If we refuse your request and you wish to file an appeal, you may do so by emailing email@example.com within 30 days and the request will be sent to the SVP Worldwide Chief Information Officer for review. A response will be provided within 45 days. If the appeal is denied and you are a resident of Virginia or Connecticut, you have the right to contact your local attorney general to submit a complaint.
X. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
We may process your personal information under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given your consent for processing your personal information for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of personal information is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing personal information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which SVP Worldwide is subject.
- Legitimate interests: Processing personal information is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by SVP Worldwide.
XI. Transferring data internationally
We share your personal information within SVP Worldwide. This involves transferring your personal information to our offices, branches, and associated companies around the world.
Whenever we transfer your personal information within SVP Worldwide, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved for use in the EU (or the applicable country) which give personal data the same protection it has in the EU (or the applicable country).
XII. Our Company-wide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to SVP Worldwide employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
XIII. Privacy Questions
When a privacy question is received, we have a dedicated team that triages the contacts and seeks to address the specific concern or query that you are seeking to raise. If your issue is substantive in nature, we may seek more information from you. All such substantive contacts receive a response. If you are unsatisfied with the reply received, you may refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction. If you ask us, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues that may be applicable to your circumstances.