Candlewicking is easy to do on a programmable sewing machine or on the Designer Diamond deLuxe that has the built-in stitch. Learn to make this elegant stocking for this Christmas! This project does not require an embroidery machine.
- 3/8 yd. satin, silk dupioni, charmeus, or muslin
- 3/8 yd. lining fabric
- Sewing thread to match your fabric
- 1 to 3 colors of embroidery thread (If you want to do a tone-on-tone stocking, only one is needed.) *
- Tear-away or Aqua-Magic stabilizer *
- 13” X 19” piece of Sew Soft fusible batting *
- Sewing machine, foot control, power cord and all of its accessories *
- Air erasable fabric marking pen
- Candlewicking foot or Specialty Candlewicking foot *
*These items are available in the Viking Sewing Gallery.
In order for us to start class on time, please arrive 5-10 minutes before class is to begin to allow you to have time to set up.
If you signed up for this class but later find that you will be unable to attend, please let us know well in advance so that we can call a person on our waiting list to take your place. If there are too few to sign up, we reserve the right to cancel the class. Your machine must be in good working order, and you must know the basics of how to operate it before coming to this class. Also, please be kind to those with fragrance sensitivity by refraining from wearing colognes and perfumes. Thank you.